Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another Liebster Nomination!!!!!!!

This is fabulous!!!! I just received more good news!!! Allison over at Stuckey in Second ever so kindly nominated me for my 2nd Liebster Award nomination!!!! She is so sweet! We met on a Facebook Freebie Hop last weekend and she is the absolute best!! Make sure you stop by her blog and check her out on Facebook!

Since this is my 2nd nomination, I have already nominated some super awesome blogs (see blog below).  Below are my answers to Allison's questions.

1. What is your favorite subject to teach?
My favorite subject to teach is writing! I have a BS in math and an M.Ed in Mathematics in Education, but I really enjoy teaching my students how to write.  More specifically, I love creative writing!

2. Do you have children of your own?
I have a fur-baby of my own! I have a 13 week old Goldendoodle named Gansett! He’s a love!

3. What is one thing in your class you could not do without?
I could NOT do without my electric pencil sharpener (and my little cherubs ofcourse)!

4. How much schoolwork do you do at home on a nightly basis?
I try not to bring a lot home, but it doesn’t always happen.  I do about 2-3 hours at home.  Usually it’s making new units or researching, so most of it HAS to be done, but it’s what I love!

5. What time do you get to school in the morning?
I get to school at 6:30, but the students don’t come until 7:45.  The early bird gets the copier!

6. How long do you stay afterschool on the average day?
Usually, I’ll stay until about 3-3:30 because I live farther away and will hit a TON of traffic if I leave later(Kids leave at 2:15).

7. Favorite kind of coffee?
I don’t drink coffee (yes, I know, I’m insane)! I love hot cocoa and tea though!

8. What is your favorite time of year to teach? 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE teaching during the holiday season! I am fortunate enough to work in a district that still lets us celebrate Christmas, so the Elf of the Shelf plays a big part of our holiday season, in our learning, writing, and fun!

9. What is your favorite field trip to take your students on?
I love taking my kids to our pen pal picnic in June! We write all year back and forth to other 2nd graders at other schools, and we finally get the chance to meet them face to face!

10. What grade do you teach?
I teach 2nd grade, and it is where my heart belongs!


Thanks again, Allison!! You're the best!

0 comments:

Post a Comment