Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Miss Alaineus: Vocabulary Parade!

Hello All!

I am still working on my New England blogger meet up post, but I wanted to blog about this first!


In grade 2, we are embarking on a new annual adventure... a Vocabulary Parade! If you've read Debra Frasier's book, Miss Alaineus, then you know what I'm talking about.  In this story, there is a vocabulary parade, where the students have a word and they have to dress up as their word.  We are having the kids complete this project at home, with some in school check-ins.  They have their rough drafts of three clues and their word's definition due tomorrow.  I cannot wait to see what clues they come up with! One of my ELL students brought her clues in today: 1.  I help people. 2.  I have a red cross on me.  3.  I go woo woo woo.  Did you figure it out yet? She's an ambulance! I died! I loved the creativity that went into her last clue.  Their final drafts for clues are due next Friday, with costumes due 2 weeks after.  We are then having the students participate in a parade across our cafeteria's stage where the audience can guess what word they are!  Vocabulary is a part of my goal this year, so this fits perfectly! The whole point was for them to choose a word they did not know and become an expert of the word.  I am loving the little's excitement with this assignment and cannot, CANNOT wait to see them in costume!



You can watch a video on the parade on Debra Frasier's website here! If you join in on the vocabulary parade fun, be sure to send pictures to owlalwayslove2ndgrade@gmail.com.  I'd love to feature it on here!

I also have a couple new TPT products posted! Check them out!


Thanks for stopping by,



0 comments:

Post a Comment