Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I'm back and ready to blog, with a ROOM REVEAL!


We have been in school for 25 days, and clearly, I have neglected this little blog!  I haven't blogged since August 12th.  Yikes!  

Any whoo, pun intended, I have finally gotten around to uploading my classroom pictures from before the students came!  This is my LONG overdue classroom reveal.  I love looking at other's classrooms, so I hope you enjoy!!

Here she is! Where all of the magic (well I think it's magic) happens! Room 202:
(Notice the  black bulletin board! I made it myself!!!)
**A close up of the door** You can find it here!

The view from the door when you walk in past my closets.  Our classrooms are very oddly shaped.

This is my small group area which I LOVE (but I wish I had a kidney table), my Owl Star Work board (another DIY), and my self-made alphabet wall.  I think this is my favorite area of my room.

  

Next to the small group area, I have my Daily 5 Station.  The kids numbers are on the clothes pins, so they know where they are starting from.  The TAGS board is my tracking system for the Daily 5.  They have little paper key tags with different colored starts on them for each D5 center that they hang when finished.

This is my Wise Words Word Wall and my Work on Writing table (love the chevron buckets) and my Writers Eye Glasses posters (I forget where these are from, if anyone knows, please put the link in the comment)!

On the other side of the word wall is my Blooms Taxonomy word wall.  I am teaching the students about Blooms this year! I hope it goes well.

Student group bins.  They pass their work in here. Notice my teacher tool box?

This is my desk/media area and our schedule.

Check out this gem!  The janitor found it in the trash and knew I would give it a home!!! She's a beaut! ANDDDD she's on wheels! I'm in love! (I ended up putting a shelf on the bottom, so the things on the floor are no longer on the floor)

Our kids have to sign out and in to go to the bathroom, so I have the sign out by the sink and they take their hand sanitizer to their desk so we can see who is out. (Also, I forget where these labels are from.  I just have them saved on my computer from 2 years ago, so if anyone knows, please leave the link in the comments)

 Birthday Lollipops!

Not finished Birthday door!  (It is finished now, but I don't have an updated picture)

 Our 2nd Grade frame! Their pictures came out adorable!

Helping's a Hoot! We rotated jobs monthly.

 Our morning meeting area/library/reading tree.

First day stickers!

 View from my morning meeting area.

No smart board, but I do have 3 floor to ceiling panels of white board!


I hope you enjoyed my classroom reveal!  If you know where any of the things in my room are from, please leave it in the comments so the TPT seller can get credit!!! I have had these things saved on my computer for a while and printed, so I hope the seller can get some credit!  


Also, stay tuned for my Friday Fall Freebie!  I am teaming up with some amazing bloggers to bring you all freebies every Friday for the month of October! The blog hop starts Friday the 4th!  Hope you all hop on by!


2 comments:

  1. ahhh! your classroom looks fabulous!!!

    Where on earth did you find those little turquoise dry erase circles at your small group table?? {I'm assuming that's what you use them for?} I have been wanting to do something like that and you have *exactly* what I've been looking for!

    Thanks for the tour...I loved snooping around :P
    Sam
    Fun With Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why I didn't get a notification that you had replied to this!!! So sorry for the delay! I bought the dry erase circles at Joann Fabric on clearance! They also sell them on Amazon and if you have prime, you get free 2-day shipping! I'm heading over to your blog now!

      Delete